Monday, March 6, 2017

Stringpiecing fun



 There was a lot of stringpiecing fun going on last Saturday during the Stringpiecing Extravaganza. The quilters could choose which stringpiecing design they wanted to make, learning how to make all three in the process. Elsie wanted to make the Tangled in the Kite Strings version, using her batik scraps. Very vibrant beginnings!

Tangled in the Kite Strings (available on Craftsy)
 Bettie and Karen liked the Corner the Stringpiecing Market the best, and make some good progress on their quilts.

Corner the Stringpiecing Market (available by contacting me
I did a demo on making the Summer Fun Stringpiecing quilt as well, so they would be able to make that one at a later date. This one incorporates pieced hexagons with whole hexagons and is great fun. 
Summer Fun (will be on Craftsy soon)

Bettie also brought her Bluebird quilt to show and have quilted at Cut Up and Quilt. She used all scraps!
Bettie's scrappy Bluebird quilt
I spent some time yesterday working on a new quilt from the Cultural Fusions book...love how these blocks are turning out! I'm combining 2 layouts into one, as I liked them both and think it will look awesome. (Ok, maybe I couldn't decide between them either.) I love free cutting, and this book lets us do just that.
Wonky Rail Fence blocks
 I have 3 days off from school this week for spring break so plan on sewing up a storm!


3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful strings!

Karen said...

Love all the string blocks! And Bettie's scrappy Bluebird quilt is beautiful! What fun you're having with your Wonky Rail Fence.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Strings are always fun. I need to finish some I started last summer.